Saturday, February 5, 2022

Kitchen Concoction complete.

 I have made many of these Dish-drying mats through the past 5 years or so. The theme for The 3rd challenge at Project Quilting is Kitchen Influence. I decided to make another dish-drying mat. It really can be just used as a table mat. 


I used Moda toweling on the back to be a little absorbent.  I ordered a variety of yardage of Moda toweling from an online quilt shop to use for the backs of my mats. 

This really can just be used as a table mat, of course. My orchids are in bloom.




I have 3 orchids (and 1 cat). This orchid below needs repotted, but I will wait until the blooms drop to do that. You can see, a lot of the roots are all hanging outside of the pot.


Finished another challenge of making a quilt within 1 week. I am posting to Challenge 13.3.





7 comments:

  1. Well, that's the fanciest dish drying mat I've seen! It's fun to dress up our kitchens with quilted pieces, isn't it? Yours is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I do like my dish drying mats. They're a fun project for me, plus very useful.

      Delete
  2. I love it! I think I like it with the bottle of wine best ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are so right! I'll get some wine chilled to celebrate my finish.

      Delete
  3. Oh, that is so pretty! I have some that I bought, but they are pretty boring.. yours it so much nicer! I think I need to make some! Did you use batting in the middle? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did use batting in the middle. My sister is always asking me to sew her another dish drying mat so I have been looking for alternate 18" blocks to make them. That way the pattern does not get boring for me to sew. Thank you for your sweet comment.

      Delete
  4. That truly is the most decorative dish drying matt I have ever seen. Love the quilt block you chose to put on the top. Thanks for posting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete