Friday, May 7, 2021

Hungry Animals

 This stack of quilt blocks is my goal for May 2021. It will be a very simple baby quilt with the Hungry Animal Alphabet blocks in the middle. A good friend of mine will be having another Grandchild in June. So this will be for the new baby.


Linking my May goal to Elm Street Quilts OMG for May

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Lay your head on my pillow

 I finished my goal for April 2021. This is a very old WIP. I didn't realize how old it was until I pulled up the Sew Sampler Nov 2018.


I do believe that I finished the top right away and then it continued to sit with my quilt tops to be completed. So there you go, it has been sitting for over 2 years. I decided to make this into a pillow instead of a mini. This makes a fairly large pillow 26"x26". I quilted it with a short wavy design with my walking foot.


The back I quilted with a crosshatch. I did have the backing sitting together with the quilt top for a long time, also. I like that it is a larger pillow. I can prop it up on my bed and lean against it. 
I am linking my April Finish to Elm Street Quilts OMG for April 2021
My initial post was here
Many thanks to Patty at Elm Street Quilts for helping me to finish my goals!



Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Mini-to-be

 Didn't want to miss the One Monthly Goal for April. My intention is to have this mini quilt and bound for April. The top has been completed quite a while ago.


Linking up this goal to Elm Streets Quilts OMG for April 2021

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

My Sizable Spool Soon to be Sporting a Sofa

My One Monthly Goal for March is complete. This quilt top and back have been neglected in my cedar chest since about June of 2019. I decided to bring them out to see the light of day. 

This quilt is about 58" X 74" and the problem for me is usually the basting. I just tend to put that off, especially on a larger sized quilt. Once I started quilting it, though, it went pretty fast. 


The backing is a tiny bit not centered on the right side compared to the left side gray check. I did try to get the back centered but such is life. The problem was that I didn't have a lot of extra room on one side. I'm fine with how it turned out though. 

I did my usual cross hatch using my walking foot. I zig-zag my quilt sandwich before I bind it. That makes it easier for me to add the binding. It won't take me long to put the binding on. Then I will be taking it with me on a camping trip to hand-sew the binding to the back. I enjoy having some hand work with me while I am on a camping trip. 

Will be linking my March finish to March OMG at Elm Street Quilts
 Thanks to Patty at Elm Street Quilts for helping to complete my goals. My original post was here.