Thursday, June 27, 2024

Star Pulse Bonus Quilt

 When piecing the Star Pulse quilt top, there were extra half-square triangle blocks that developed. Then, an additional small quilt top can be sewn out of the extra blocks. This is my completed quilt from the bonus blocks.


I quilted it in a cross hatch and then added these small curves crossing the center. It does make the quilte a little puffy which is nice.


I used this cat Tula Pink fabric for the backing since I had a couple of yards. 


The binding is "bubbles" leftover from a baby quilt a few years ago. I have been collecting leftover bindings in a basket that can quickly be pulled out. This binding was just big enough for this quilt. 


I am now enjoying my small quilt from the bonus blocks. Thanks to  Quilting Jet Girl for this "extra pattern". Plus, it's always great to use up leftovers. I am posting my finish to the Star Pulse Quilt Along Linkup





 



4 comments:

  1. So smart to add in the additional orange peel quilting; I might have to go back and add that to my bonus quilt too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It does make it look more fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great quilt! I really love this too and the quilting is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This bonus quilt is a good size to lay on my side table.

      Delete