Friday, April 1, 2022

My Game Plan for Planview

I finished my Quilt top for The Planview Quilt Along at Quilting JetGirl. It was a windy day, as we are having quite frequently, but I was able to get a few photos with my quilt top laying in the yard.


I sewed the Twin Size quilt which is a very nice size - approximately 80" x 96".  I should be able to use this on my camper bed when it is quilted.  At first, I was not happy with the darker navy blues that I used in the corners, but it has grown on me. I wanted to use mostly fabrics that I already had in my house, which I am happy that I did. 


 I am linking my quilt top to the Planview completed linkup. Many thanks to Quilting JetGirl for this annual Quilt along. I like how this quilt along is spread out over several months so I can work on it when I have some extra time. 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I really like the blue background, too. Great choices in your fabrics and kudos for using your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you were able to make such a large size mostly with fabrics that you already had in your stash. I think it came together beautifully for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. I had over 4 yards of the background so decided to work off of it. I think it turned out nicely and another quilt top done!

      Delete
  3. I love this, and that you used fabrics in your stash. I just cut the baby size, lacking background to go much bigger. I look forward to seeing how people quilt these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen! For some reason, I've been purchasing yardage of solids at the quilt shops and now I have been finally using them.

      Delete
  4. I love your dark blue additions and really think it makes the design. Such a pretty combination of colors. Great job on this top finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping at my blog and your sweet comment! It was kind of odd when I was sewing this that I wished I had chosen something other than the dark blue, but then I changed my mind. It's always nice to see it finished.

      Delete
  5. That turned out really nice. It will be fun to see it quilted up too. Isn’t it a great feeling to shop your own fabrics?

    ReplyDelete