Wednesday, June 13, 2018

It's Flower Season


Carla at Creatin' in the Sticks is hosting Where Flowers Bloom Blog Hop. So I thought I would join in. I decided to sew this Garland table runner from Table Runner Bliss.




















It is a little large for this dresser, but that's ok, I need some runners for my dressers. I just used a mixture of fat quarters from my stash for the flowers. I have used a combination of flower fabric for the back.

I nearly always use my walking foot for quilting. I have the book,  Walk by Jacquie Gering so I followed her instructions to quilt these "focal points" in each flower block. I was kind of attempting a sunray. For the focal point quilting, I drew lines every 1 1/2" around the bottom of the block since this is a 9-inch block. You start from the outside of the block and end the quilting all at the same focal point.


After I finished my Garland table runner, I decided to sew this Dish Drying mat. I figured that I'll add it to my Where Flowers Bloom blog hop since it does have flowers in the piecing. I just love these dish drying mats and have sewn a few of these. I use a Tea Towel for the back. This is a tutorial from Sweetwater Pattern and I do have some of their iron-on labels but I decided to not use it for this one. I didn't want to hide the cute ducks in the center block.


I was kind of on a roll with the "focal point" quilting so I quilted this mat that way, too. I think it looks kind of neat from the back. On this mat, I quilted 2 focal points. 

Here they are displayed on a little ladder that I recently found.



In keeping with the flower theme, I am giving away this pattern for a mini Vintage Tulips by Thimble Blossoms. If you would like to sew this, please leave me a comment with your email address. I will have my husband pick a number after the Blog Hop and contact the winner by email.
Have a Happy Summer!



Thanks so much for checking out my Flower projects! Please follow me on bloglovin. Click below to see all the gorgeous creations by quilters participating in the Where Flowers Bloom Blog Hop. You don't want to miss them.
0.01 GB (0%) of 15 GB used

https://createinthesticks.blogspot.com/p/where-flowers-bloom-blog-hop-schedule.html

No comments:

Post a Comment