Sunday, October 14, 2018

"The sky is filled with stars, invisible by day."

This is a quote by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. However, this is a Star quilt by me.



But, of course, there would be no Star quilt, if it wasn't for The Super-talented Melissa Corry. There were quite a few participants in Melissa's Seeing Stars Quilt Along. Check them out for some awesome eye candy!

I really liked this pattern and it is unique because there are many different blocks. We sewed each type of star block in one week. I'll admit that, a few times, I almost did not get the blocks completed on time. However, I kept pressing on, and now I have a finished quilt that I can use.

I quilted mine in a cross-hatch on the diagonal. I think it turned out fine and "nice and crinkly-soft".  For the back, I used a wavy line of stars.



My husband and I will be enjoying this newly-completed quilt this Winter.
Thanks so much, Melissa, for this awesome Quilt Along. And thanks to all of the quilt along participants for your quilting encouragement.



No comments:

Post a Comment