Friday, November 16, 2018

Friday Finish - Yeah!

This is a Frivol that I collected a couple of years ago and it is finished! The completed top was sitting probably since last Winter and I decided that I had to get it done. Originally, my intent with this quilt was to quilt 1/4" from each square or rectangle.




However, I decided to just keep on going and try matchstick quilting. I have often admired matchstick quilting that some quilters have been doing. In reality, I do not believe that I will ever attempt matchstick quilting on any quilt larger than this one. It kind of got annoying. Plus, on this one, when the quilting was done, I did not like the feel of the quilt.  But then, once the binding was on and I washed it ( I used fabric softener because I thought the quilt felt so stiff), then I was happy with the end result.


It fits nicely on my side table.





I am linking a Friday finish - yeah! to Brag about your Beauties


Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment