Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Little Snippets Threadology Quilt Top

I finished my Threadology Quilt Top this month. I am very happy with how it turned out.

Threadology Quilt top-Little Snippets fabric



I had chosen to finish this quilt top as my June One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts. Here is my initial post: June OMG

Also, I am happy to say that I finished the Quilt Backing, too.

Threadology Quilt Back



I had a slight cutting error on the back. I made the quilt top somewhat larger than what the pattern said so I cut the charcoal gingham slightly larger, at first, too. I did not pay attention to the pattern and cut 2 pieces of the charcoal gingham and I needed to cut 4 pieces. Then, of course, I did not have enough fabric left for the side above that is on the right.

I think it will work, though. To keep everything centered, I will only have about 2 inches left on the short side of the backing. I will have to be very precise when I baste the layers together. I'm going to make marks where the center of the quilt top should be and hopefully, the back will be straight.

I am looking forward to quilting this but not right now. I have a few other items to work on in the meantime. Plus it is Summer and I'm not in the house as much.


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete