Friday, March 27, 2020

Round and Round quilting

Well, with everything going on this month, I was still able to finish my OMG at Elm Street Quilts. This was my initial post.

I have been working from home this week. I have never worked from home before and there definitely have been "kinks" that needed working out on my computer. But, in reality, it wasn't so bad. I didn't have to drive to work or even get dressed for work. So that is definitely a time saver.

Anyway, I quilted this old Frivol that had been lazily sitting in my cedar chest for over a year. I decided to try the "circle" quilting. In reality, it took me quite a bit of time, and I don't know that I enjoyed it very much. I kept getting puckers on both sides - top and bottom. So I doubt that I will attempt this type of quilting again. As you can see, a few puckers are still there. I will fix those, but most likely once the quilt is washed. Sometimes the puckers don't show up as bad after a washing.

I pieced the back from 4 one-yard pieces that I have had in my stash for a while. I thought they went together pretty well with the fabrics from the front.


I did not get the binding on. I'll save that for another time. I will post another photo once it is all complete. Hopefully, I can get an outside photo where the circle quilting will show up better. I am glad that I decided to tackle this for my OMG for March. One more WIP working it's way to completion.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete