Monday, April 27, 2020

Sending my Baby Shower gift through UPS

Since the baby shower that I was invited to in April had gotten canceled, I am now sending my gifts by UPS. First I completed this quilt:

I had started working on it when I received the invitation in the mail. This is a panel that came with a grouping of fat quarters. I had the panel left over, so I thought I would try to use it for a quilt. So I added the piecing and borders. I hope the new Mom likes it. Here is the back:
I had purchased the walking animals to add to the fabric that I had. I tried to get it all centered. Sometimes I am not the greatest at getting the back to look centered and nice.

I, also, sewed this basket. When I wrapped the items to be delivered, I put a whole container of Huggies Diapers in the basket. I should have taken a picture, because it is nice how the basket fits all of the Huggies. Plus, it makes the basket sturdy so it won't get all squashed in the box.

Of course, we always have some leftover fabric, so I sewed these burp cloths:


I like to sew a seam breaking them in thirds so that they are easy to fold when they come out of the wash.

Lastly, I sewed this little toy for little hands.






The new Mom was registered at Target and it appears that she has received a lot of the requested items. She had selected some zoo animals for sheets and other items. So I'm hoping that these items will fit with the baby's nursery. I will be sending my package UPS today.
I am linking to Elm Street April OMG since the quilt was my goal for April. Here is my: original April post.

Also, posting to From Bolt to Beauty Pageant

5 comments:

  1. I love the extras you make. Do you need to be careful about the kind of ribbons you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, they are ribbons from JoAnn fabric, not necessarily wrapping ribbons. I had seen another quilter make a quilt with ribbons attached for a baby, so I thought they might be ok. Maybe I should have considered it more. Although, I did not cut these so they should not fray if baby puts them in his mouth.

      Delete
  2. Very sweet. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet gift for the new baby! I'm sure that they will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danette, what a nice assortment of gifts you made!!! Super cute! And it sounds like it will fit right in with her theme.

    ReplyDelete