Wednesday, February 24, 2021

My Lucky cat tribute

 Following is my completed February Goal at Elm Street Quilts :


I have had the quilt top completed probably about 2 years ago. I actually think I was trying to complete it for one of the Project Quilting challenges. Well, I did not finish it and it sat in a basket until I ran into it recently in the spare bedroom. This is my rather large-sized pillow cover.

I was glad that I had a piece big enough for the backing of the pillow. I just did my usual cross hatch quilting on front and back.


I like making a bottom zipper closure. It worked well for this large pillow. 

Here is my initial February OMG post

I do like this pillow cover because now it covers up this ugly brown pillow. This is a large pillow that is nice for leaning up against the bedrail and reading or watching tv, etc. I bet that I have had this pillow for probably 20 years, but I have never liked the ugly tannish color. For years, I have looked at it and wanted to finish a cover, but never got around to it. So I am happy that I finished my Lucky pillow cover. 

Lucky is my cat's name and she helped me with the quilting. My sweet kitty is now represented on a large pillow.



1 comment:

  1. Sweet. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete