Monday, June 5, 2023

Fantastic - Fast & Fun Finish!

I had previously purchased the Fast & Fun Lap Quilts book, but I had not sewn a quilt from the book . So, I figured, why not join the Quilt Along. I started to sew my blocks around the 2nd week into the Fast & Fun Quilt Along. But I was able to keep up with the weekly blocks because you can do a lot of chain piecing. Thank you Melissa at Happy Quilting for having this Quilt Along.

I did not have 2 layer cakes so I just started picking through my stash. I had fat quarters, plus some pieces of fabric that were left over from smaller projects. I kind of went for a "light, muted colors" look. This quilt will work fine for me to use on my bed in the Summer.

This Fast & Fun Sampler quilt is a nice bed size - 92" X 92". I just did my lovely straight-line quilting to get it done. I did actually sew the binding together before the end of the quilt along, so that would it was already organized.  The sampler quilt used extra sections left from the layer cake for a scrappy binding which is great, too. A number of quilts in the book use strips from the 10" squares to make a scrappy binding, too. That way your fabric is mostly all used for the quilts.

I love how the backing was this pieced section with the Merry-Go-Round blocks. And then I just had to add yardage to the top and bottom. Sometimes I get held up getting backings organized because I don't want to piece it together. This went together so nice and easy.


It was awesome that I won a Layer Cake from Lou Lou's Fabric Shop. I have not broken into it yet, but I'm sure that I will soon. By participating in this quilt along, I got to sew each of the blocks in the book. Maybe I'll sew Treasured or Keystone Corners next with my Layer Cake. Thank you to all of the sponsors for this Fast & Fun Quilt Along - it really does keep you moving along to keep up with the quilt top. 


No comments:

Post a Comment