Thursday, July 20, 2023

Diatom Quilt top completed

I completed my quilt top for the Diatom Quilt Along hosted by Quilting Jet Girl. There are quite a few quilt tops completed already.  

With mine, I just kind of pulled from my stash as the Quilt Along progressed.  I did have fat quarters of Rifle Paper Company so I kind of just mixed and matched those. The background and blue star points are Kona solids. I enjoy pulling from my stash now for quilt alongs because I do have quite a variety of fat quarters accumulated.


Thank you, Yvonne for this fantastic pattern. I like that the blocks are 18". That's a good size to sew some smaller projects. 
I sewed these 2 blocks as the quilt along was proceeding. I thought I could add another block down the road for a table runner.





9 comments:

  1. Turned out really pretty! I love using up stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you lovely comment and for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  2. I really like how the lighter background lets the prints you chose for the stars during the quilt along shine. It's lovely and thank you so much for sewing along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. This pattern is very versatile for more projects in the future.

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! I really like the blue star points - so pretty. It makes all the stars pop. I need to post my top, but still hoping to finish quilting before the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathleen. Blue kind of is my favorite. I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt! Would love to get mine quilted, too.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful quilt top!!! That's the best when you can make a quilt from your personal collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancy! It does feel good to use the fabric that I already have.

      Delete
  5. What a pretty quilt!!! I love that you could use your fabrics as you went along!!

    ReplyDelete