Sunday, May 5, 2019

Trying to Keep up with Quilt Alongs

My May OMG at Elmstreet Quilts is to get caught up on my Quilt Alongs.  I chose 2 Quilt Alongs this year - The Threadology Quilt Along at Fat Quarter Shop and The Stargazer Block of the Month by Rebecca Bryan. Well, I have not been keeping up, so that is my May goal.

Following are the blocks I have completed so far for The Threadology Quilt Along:
Block 1 - Ohio Star Block



Block 2 - Nine Patch Block


Block 3 - Shooting Squares Block

Block Four - Churn Dash Block


The Threadology Quilt along is already up to Block 7 so I have 3 more to go, plus Block 8 will be posted by the end of the month. Also, I have not trimmed my Shooting Squares Block, so this needs done, too. 



Also, for The Stargazer Block of the Month, I have only completed the first 3 months. I am sewing a Nautical-colored theme.   
Block 1 - January

Block 2 - February

Block 3 - March


The Stargazer Block of the Month is a Paper-pieced quilt top (or Freezer Paper-Pieced). You receive a video from Rebecca Bryan each month with tips. 

For the First 2 months, I chose to do just plain paper-piecing. However, for the 3rd month, I watched her video and tried the Freezer paper-piecing. It was a new method to me so I guess, originally, I did not want to take the time to figure it out. But I did end up liking it and the best part is - there are no papers to remove. Block 3 still needs sewn together. Plus, I need to complete April and May blocks.






6 comments:

  1. I have not tried the freezer paper peicing method yet. I'll have to give it a try! Your blocks look very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your sweet comment!

      Delete
  2. Good luck on catching up with your quilt alongs. Right now I have had two quilt alongs end without me. I have put one on hold ( hand piecing) and I'm still chipping away at the other...but of course I'm going to start another this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment gave me a chuckle. I, too, am always starting something new!

      Delete
  3. Getting caught up on QALs is a great goal! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing that focal points quilting idea in your last post...looks like something I could do. That heart runner is gorgeous.
    Yes, keeping up with the QAL's take time esp with all the other things you do. But your blocks are wonderful all.

    ReplyDelete