Friday, July 26, 2019

July One Monthly Goal Finished!


I am happy to say that I completed my OMG at Elm Street Quilts for July

I really do like it and I have used it already on a camping trip last weekend. It was nice to sling over my shoulder while we were walking around town. The shoulder strap is the same fabric as this front pocket.


The leather handles were new for me to do. I have not done rivets before, but once I figured it out, it wasn't too bad. Although, I am not anxious to do more rivets. In order to get the hole in the leather big enough to poke the rivet through, I had to keep turning an awl around towards the larger part of the awl. I could only take doing one strap each evening.


I like that it just closes with a snap so I can put things into it while walking and shopping. 

This was my Original post for July One Monthly Goal
I am, also, linking this to From Bolt to Beauty's "Brag About your Beauties Pageant 42"

6 comments:

  1. Great job making your bag, rivets and all! I have that book too. I’ll have to take it out and look through it again for potential projects. I like your pocket fabric, too-Luna moths?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danette! What a handy and useful bag. I love that it just has one snap at the top - you can keep it closed yet can easily open it with one hand. And the pockets inside are so useful as well. At least you can easily find your keys or phone or what have you without digging. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tote! enjoy your finish and congrats on meeting the OMG goal :) xo Melanie

    www.mellmeyer.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking bag. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful bag. I have this book but have yet to make anything from it.

    ReplyDelete