Saturday, May 30, 2020

Yeah! Some finishes for May 2020

I am so glad that I finished this quilt as my OMG for May. Granted, I chose a very small goal this month; however, if I had not chosen it, I might not have worked on it.

Four Star Spring Quilt

Back
I quilted this quilt in the circular pattern. I swear, I will NEVER do that again: #1 I kept getting puckers on the front and the back - how annoying. Some swear words might have been said in the process.  #2 When this thing was done and washed, it does not lay flat! It bubbles up in places. And #3 I really did not enjoy forcing this under my machine in order to quilt the circles. Well, chock it up to experience.

I have been participating in the #miniseriessal so I wanted to show my finishes for this, also. The paper-pieced blocks are tiny and they do sometimes take quite a bit of time to sew. I liked a few of the blocks and I disliked a few of the blocks. But I did get them all done.

If you completed all 8 blocks and sewed all 8 blocks into one or more completed projects, then you receive a finisher pin. Well, of course, I have to have the pin. These are my finished projects that I got done just in time to upload my photos for the pin.
Above the door quilt
This is a quilt using 3 of the blocks. I have just kind of taped it above my kitchen door. I will hang it better once I get something to better to hang it with.

I sewed 2 pin cushions. These were different fabric than the others and of course, I always need another pin cushion.

I sewed these lined drawstring bags using Jeni Baker's Lined Drawstring Bag Pattern. I do like how they came out and may use them for gift bags down the road.


Lastly, I sewed this mug run/coaster. I didn't know what else to make with the block and frankly, I was getting tired. So I just chose to add a small border, quilt it and bind it. I am linking my finishes to Elm Street Quilts OMG for May.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete