Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Finished Push-Pull Quilt top

I have now completed my Push-Pull Quilt top. I have been working on this for quite a few months for the Quilt Along.

Push-Pull Quilt Top: Orange Effect

This is destined to be a gift for my nephew, Sean, once I get it completed. Sean graduated from Virginia Tech this Spring. They did not have a Commencement due to Covid-19, but he does deserve a few graduation gifts.

I purchased this Virginia Tech fabric for the backing  I bought 6 yds of the Virginia Tech fabric. It was kind of hard to come by. I had to watch on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to see if they received any in stock.  And I could not find it anywhere else. I am going to buy 4 yards of a Maroon solid at one of my local quilt shops. I wanted to add some Maroon since the top is all orange.

I am hoping to have the quilt completed sometime in July, if not, then the beginning of August. It's kind of a "monster quilt", but I'll just work at it slowly. I have to wait for my orange thread to come in, too. The mail moves quite slowly these days. I am linking my quilt top finish to Push-Pull Quilt Along Final link-up

6 comments:

  1. Awesome quilt top!!! So symbolic for a graduate, too! Congrats to Sean!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nancy. I'm hoping he will like it.

      Delete
  2. My parents are both Virginia Tech graduates. Congratulations to your nephew. Adding a bit of maroon and the VT fabric for the backing sounds like a great way to finish it off. Thank you for joining in the quilt along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne! I did enjoy the quilt along and am working on quilting this now.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rochelle, for visiting my blog and your kind comments.

      Delete