Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Crossing this off my list..for now

 Finished this quilt top in December which was my OMG at Elm Street Quilts for December


My original post was here.
In looking at this photo, plus laying on my floor, the quilt top looks very "white". The fabric, itself, shows Santas and elves and thinks like that, but I just don't know how "Christmasy" it looks. But, no big deal, I will put it out for Christmas down the road, anyway, when I get it quilted. I received this in the Jolly Box from Fat Quarter Shop in 2018
and I hadn't done anything with it until this year. I would say that it's about time.

I guess, in hindsight, I could have added a colorful border to make it less white. Hopefully, when I get it quilted it will look more Christmasy. I do have a backing to use that has Santas on it 

I understand that people are getting away from the traditional dark red and dark green, but when you add in pinks and light blues and low volume prints, it seems to make it almost summery instead of wintery. Maybe it's just me. I wonder if anyone else has made this quilt the same way as it came in the box? I guess I need to start "thinking outside the box" and kind of making it my own way instead of the way that it came "in the box". 
Well, it is one quilt top done. Onto the next one.... and Happy New Year 2021!


3 comments:

  1. I loved those fabrics, but know what you mean about the look. I don't do a lot of Christmas sewing in the newer color ways as it doesn't go with the other things that I have. I make them more for gifts or to sell in fairs....when we have fairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely though and with the backing you plan it should add to the Christmas feel, and the binding could add some Christmas colour too. Like you I prefer the traditional Christmas colours too. Thanks for visiting me at Kathryn Quilts.

    ReplyDelete