Monday, September 24, 2018

Red and Blue Applique Stars


I finished my Applique Stars for The Seeing Stars Quilt Along. I'm really not a big fan of applique and really hardly ever do it. But I do think they will add something to the completed quilt top, especially since there are so many. 

I used the "starch method" and just kept on ironing starch onto my fabrics while watching tv. Then cutting out the star wasn't too bad. I was finishing that up at around 10:30 at night and my husband wondered what was wrong with me. Because I normally am in bed earlier than that on a work night. When I started sewing the stars onto the background squares, I was going too slow and thought I would never get done. So I sped up my sewing machine and then got them completed pretty fast. 

So that is it for the blocks. Below is a photo of all of my blocks stacked up. A nice, quilty, little pile.




No comments:

Post a Comment