Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Wonky Stars done the Improv Way

To be honest, I have only completed one Improv block prior to completing my Wonky Stars for the Seeing Stars Quilt .  I sewed this Improv block a couple of years ago, I think. And, I remember that I really did not enjoy the process and I did not like my finished block. As a result this block still remains in my Orphaned-blocks box.


Yesterday, I just completed these Wonky Stars blocks for Melissa Corry's Seeing Stars Quilt Along

I still don't believe that I enjoy the Improv way of sewing quilt blocks very much. I guess, I'm the kind of quilter that I just keep on trying to get everything to match and my points to be sharp. And Improv doesn't work that way. They're supposed to be a bit wacky. 

However, I am much happier with the results of my Wonky Star Blocks. I am working my way towards a quilt top and that makes it better, also. I think these Wonky Stars will look just fine on my completed quilt top.

No comments:

Post a Comment