Thursday, September 13, 2018

Welcome to My House Blog Hop


Normally, for quilting, I would think of a "pieced" house. When I decided to join the Welcome to My House Blog Hop at Just Let Me Quilt, I was wondering what project to make. I looked through my WIPs and then it dawned on me that I had some quilt blocks started and -ta dah- one had a house on it.


So I got to work completing this quilt top. I had decided to make this quilt by Doug Leko in Fall 2017, I think. This pattern uses panels for 5 of the blocks. I had these kayak and camping panels and I wanted to try to use them. The house block was from a different panel, but I thought they went together nicely.




 My husband and I purchased kayaks a year ago and we love to go kayaking. Plus we go camping a good many times throughout the year. This is my finished quilt I just completed last weekend. I am looking forward to using it on our camper this Fall because we have two trips scheduled in October. It is a bit small for a bed, but it should fit nicely on our pull-out couch in the camper.



Sometimes it's a little difficult to use panels in a quilt but I always seem to be buying them. So for the back, I have used a different Fall leaves panel. I thought this went nicely on the back with the backing fabric that I purchased.

I quilted a wavy lines quilting that I was able to do using my walking foot. I am mostly a walking-foot, straight-line type of quilter. But I have been trying a few different ways to quilt lately. 

I saw this wavy quilting in a quilt magazine and it seemed easy to do. Then I got out my Walk book by Jacquie Gering and this method was described in there. I think it gives the quilt a nice texture. When I had some of the wavy lines quilted, I laid the quilt on the floor and my husband and I both thought that it kind of resembled movement of wind, also, which kind of fit for a windy Fall leaves quilt.


You can hang out on my swing outside with my brand new quilt and have a cup of tea, if you'd like.

And finally, here is a photo of a pieced House quilt block on a building on one of our camping trips.


I hope you have enjoyed viewing my house. Please be sure to visit all of the blogs below for some awesome House projects! Thank you Carol at Just Let Me Quilt for having this wonderful Blog Hop!


September 11


September 12

September 13


September 14


1 comment:

  1. Your house quilt is just beautiful, and I love the design. I really like Doug Leko patterns and have a few bookmarked.
    I have several panels in my stash and thought I would use them at some point. They are all still in my stash. You've given me a good idea on how to use some of them!

    ReplyDelete