Friday, March 29, 2019

Pretty Tote Finished!

I finished my OMG at Elm Street Quilts for March earlier in the month. I, also, added this to my March UFO Challenge since I've had this sitting in my house since December with just a tiny bit started.

I did kind of have an issue with the tote pattern itself (not the piecing of the star, etc). It really should have had a 1/2" seam allowance instead of 1/4". I guess I could have looked ahead and adjusted for that myself, but I didn't. Because once I started putting the tote together, it was very hard to get the handles placed with just the 1/4" seam allowance. I know I won't carry all kinds of heavy items in this tote, but you still want to have the bag to have some strength. I did double stitch the 1/4" seam allowance, though to add to the security.

I'm sure it will work fine. I love having totes in the Summer, especially because I'm always running somewhere and need to carry things. I do like how it turned out.



I purchased the cotton braided handles at JoAnn's because, in a way, I did not feel like piecing 2 1/2" squares for together. It just seemed like a waste to use the cute squares for the handles. I saved the mini charms to use for a mini quilt or something else.

My March Goal is finished. Also, adding this finish to The Crafty Quilter March UFO Challenge Now on to April.  Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Great bag! Thanks for linking up with One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete