Saturday, January 23, 2021

Fussy Cut Challenge 12.2: Potted herbs

 I am enjoying these Season 12 Project Quilting Challenges - one reason is because I am sorting through my stash and using some fabric that I have had for years. I have made a number of these "dish-drying mats" through the years. So this was my choice for Challenge 12.2: Fussy Cut Challenge

I found this set of fat quarters and used the 2 birds for the center and also tried to fussy cut the other areas of the block which are the potted herbs and planting tools.





I did try to get these potted herbs centered  around the block. 



I have been enjoying this "Shattered" quilting lately and it is easy for me do.
 I just use a plain white linen tea towel for the back so that is is absorbent. I really do use mine for drying dishes and they do become rather "used and abused".  In all honesty, this combination of colors are not my favorite, but it is just used to dry dishes so no big deal. My dish-drying mats get used and washed frequently so I'm sure this one will.

 

















11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thankyou for visiting my blog and your sweet comments. I have used my dish drying mat and it is growing on me!

      Delete
  2. Making useful items are the best! Your choices of the birds and potted plants were perfect for fussy-cutting to make your dish drying mat. You'll have a lovely memory of stitching it each time you dry the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece! I love the shattered quilting. Congrats on PQ 2021.2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathleen! The shattered quilting is fun for me to do and kind of makes the quilting go fast.

      Delete
  4. Your dish drying mat is a thing of beauty (even if it's not your favorite color!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You are so kind and I have been using my dish-drying mat. It's growing on me.

      Delete
  5. Love this! Thanks for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for these fun challenges! It's making me think "outside the box".

      Delete
  6. Perfect project for PQ12:2! Love your plant and bird theme. And, dish drying mats - don't know why I never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sharon. I love using my dish drying mats, more so than just boring tea towels. It does remind my of my quilting experience and it wasn't purchased at WalMart.

      Delete