Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Purple pinwheel pretty please

 I decided to join The Monthly Color Challenge at Patterns by Jen for 2021. I would think that I can keep up with a block a month. It would be nice to have the completed blocks to put into a quilt top at the end of the year. Following is my Purple Pinwheel block for January 2021. 

My block is 2 shades of purple but when I took the photo, it seemed to appear blue. This is the 
12 1/2" block and I am happy with how it turned out. 

The color for January is purple, along with the food Eggplant. I did have an eggplant plant last Summer in my garden. I only really got one viable fruit, though. I'm sure you were wondering if an eggplant yields fruits or vegetables - it has seeds and comes from a flowering plant; therefore, according to a web search, it is a fruit. This is my 2021 resolution: I am going to try to grow more Eggplant this Summer, plus keep up with my quilt blocks. 


1 comment:

  1. Your block turned out great. I made the smaller unit but had to do it twice!

    ReplyDelete