Saturday, January 9, 2021

My anchor holds within the veil.

 I decided to try to make a few projects for  Project Quilting 2021, season 12. I did participate a couple years ago and I think that I had finished  2 or 3 projects within the season. We'll see how many I can complete this season.  For the 1st Challenge - Gray and Yellow, I looked through my gray and yellow fabric and found a few fat quarters, some with anchors on them. So what did I decide to make - an anchor, of course. 

Gray can be spelled either gray or grey. However, yellow is always spelled yellow. So not to be confused if my anchor is gray or grey, I made my anchor yellow. This block is from The Patchsmith's Sampler blocks. I've had the book for a few years so it is time to sew a few blocks.  I can use this for a mug rug or a trivet on my table. 

I'm happy that I started and completed this mug rug within the 1-week time frame. This quilt measures 9"x9" and I create in Monessen, PA. I'll be looking forward to the next installment to see what I can make. 



13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathleen, for your sweet comment on my anchor.

      Delete
  2. You are off to a great start with your PQ12.1 entry. Best of luck on the balance of Season 12!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Your 24"X24" gray and yellow mini is wonderful, also. Good luck in the challenges!

      Delete
  3. This is wonderful! The grey/gray thing has been bugging me all week! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love words (and sarcasm, too), I guess.

      Delete
  4. You made a lovely quilt. I love to make hot pads or mug rugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anchors away! Or is it anckers aweigh? Whatever the choice, yours is a cutie patootie and makes a perfect mug rug or trivet. Perfect fabric choice, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe it is anchors aweigh. Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog.

      Delete
  6. Oh I love your anchor! Lol on yellow is always spelled yellow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping on my blog. I do love a little sarcasm and humor once in a while.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to tell you I love the title of your post. How many times I sang those words in church!

      Delete
  7. Very cute! Yellow and gray has always been a favorite color combo for me ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete