Saturday, March 6, 2021

A Somewhat Crazy Kind of a Pillow

This is my completed pillow for Challenge 12.5 which was to make a project inspired by the crazy quilt. 


I started with these kind of crazy-pieced blades for the Dresden Plate.


 I used the Feather stitch, plus a Patchwork decorative stitch on my Brother machine. 

Also, I decided to use these ribbons that I have had for years. I wanted to kind of frame the center Dresden Plate. 


So that is my Somewhat Crazy kind of a pillow.

I have completed all 5 of the challenges so far, this year. Might as well try to make a project for the final Challenge in about a week or so.  Will be linking my completed project at

13 comments:

  1. Sweet pillow! I like how your fabrics blend so well together and pick up the colors of the ribbon, too. It's fun to try out new techniques with these challenges and maybe learn a few things too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am enjoying my new pillow!

      Delete
  2. That's a fun twist on a crazy quilt - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted to try something that I hadn't done. These challenges have been making me try other things.

      Delete
  3. Crazy sort of Dresden Plate pillow, but SEW pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is now sitting on my couch so I am happy that I finished it!

      Delete
  4. fabulous! what a wonderful crazy pillow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And thank you for having these challenges where I have been trying other things!

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Kathleen! I was glad to have it completed in time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your pillow! I like that you used a traditional shape and "crazied" it. I wish I had used more of my machine decorative stitch like you did - it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was kind of a hard challenge for me because I was not too fond of the crazy quilt theme. I just tried to find something that I would enjoy sewing.

      Delete