Friday, March 12, 2021

Animal Crackers Baby Quilt for newborn

 I finished this baby quilt for a new grandson of a coworker and friend. When Sweetwater came out with this Animal Crackers fabric, I pre-ordered the baby quilt kit from them. I have had the kit sitting in a dresser drawer for a few months. 

My coworker's son had a baby boy and our office decided to have a little shower. I did pitch in for the gifts that they bought, but I wanted to make a baby quilt for her. 

So I went to look to see what I had that could be completed fairly quickly.  Of course, this one could, so I got started on it. I just had to cut out the panel animal squares and add honey buns strips. I gave this to her a week or so later. She was very appreciative so I was glad that I made it.  


There's a lot of animals that the baby can name when he gets older. 



The backing is this cute animal fabric. 


It made a nice-sized crib quilt.  


Will be posting this finish to Lets Make Baby Quilts

2 comments:

  1. Sweet, Danette!!! We all love Sweetwater, so I'm sure the new mom is loving it, too. Nice label instructions--handle with love everyday. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Sweetwater baby quilt, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete