Saturday, March 20, 2021

Strawberry Season is on it's way.

 The final challenge at Persimon Dreams Blog was for us to think of our inner self. I think that I would love to live on a farm. I probably have gotten this way over the past 10 years or so because of my drive to work.

My drive to work each day is 1/2 hour each way through farm country. It gives me something to do - watching for all of the animals. There are cows, horses, goats, calves, ducks, dogs, and even a petting zoo with camels and many other exotic animals. 

As a result of my inner self wanting to live in the country, I have created this pot holder or trivet. 



One of the farmers that I pass each day has a large strawberry patch each Spring. He puts a painted strawberry sign out and then I know that I can buy some strawberries. It is a very short time frame because they when they are ripe, he has to pick them quickly. I have been making strawberry jam for quite a few years since I can purchase fresh strawberries from this farm. Also, I have a rhubarb plant in my backyard that I will make strawberry/rhubarb jam. Soon it is going to be Strawberry-picking season and I am looking forward to it!

I have a few Strawberry jam jars left from last year. Delicious! 
Thanks to Kim at Persimon Dreams for these awesome quilting challenges.




2 comments:

  1. Congrats on letting your inner farm girl out to play in your PQ12.6 entry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so adorable! A great piece to represent your dreams ;) Thanks for joining in !

    ReplyDelete