Tuesday, March 30, 2021

My Sizable Spool Soon to be Sporting a Sofa

My One Monthly Goal for March is complete. This quilt top and back have been neglected in my cedar chest since about June of 2019. I decided to bring them out to see the light of day. 

This quilt is about 58" X 74" and the problem for me is usually the basting. I just tend to put that off, especially on a larger sized quilt. Once I started quilting it, though, it went pretty fast. 


The backing is a tiny bit not centered on the right side compared to the left side gray check. I did try to get the back centered but such is life. The problem was that I didn't have a lot of extra room on one side. I'm fine with how it turned out though. 

I did my usual cross hatch using my walking foot. I zig-zag my quilt sandwich before I bind it. That makes it easier for me to add the binding. It won't take me long to put the binding on. Then I will be taking it with me on a camping trip to hand-sew the binding to the back. I enjoy having some hand work with me while I am on a camping trip. 

Will be linking my March finish to March OMG at Elm Street Quilts
 Thanks to Patty at Elm Street Quilts for helping to complete my goals. My original post was here.


2 comments:

  1. Love your quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Thank you for these One Monthly Goals, too!

      Delete