Thursday, February 15, 2024

What a Basket Case

 I have made quite a few of these Divided Baskets through the years. Usually, I give them as an extra gift if I have sewn a baby quilt. I like to put the diapers in them and, to me, it makes the gift more fun. Plus it matches the quilt and I can use more of the fabric. Following are a couple:

Nettie Sews and Lucky Quilts: Ring Around the Rosy quilt and Divided Basket

Nettie Sews and Lucky Quilts: Sending my Baby Shower gift through UPS





I just decided one day last week to sew this one. In reality, this fabric sat in my stash FOREVER and I just wanted to use it up. Every time I happened to see it, I would just cringe about when am I ever going to use these fat quarters? I just winged it and pieced the panels in any old fashion.

It took me probably 3 days. I like to let the fabric sit and dry overnight after adhering the interfacing. It is usually still a little damp, plus, I like to re-iron it again to get any creases or bubbles out. 





Basket Back

I have been using this basket, so far, for storing some of my dvds. I do still watch (and buy) dvds. They are convenient to me because I can just pause them or whatever. I added this label with my name to the inside because I am keeping this basket. If I was giving it away, I don't know that I want a label with my name on it on the basket.


Divided Inside




This little label was added to the front. I have accumulated a big variety of labels so I am enjoying adding them to smaller items like this. 

Melva at Melva Loves Scraps has recently visited my blog. So I am added this finish to Sew & Tell


1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! The fabric was just waiting for the perfect project. <3 Thanks for showing it off in my Sew & Tell party.

    ReplyDelete